This short webinar will cover some basic topics about starting a Virtual Operations Support Team (VOST) for your emergency management or incident management organization.
In addition to sharing a couple of case studies, we will cover benefits and how a VOST team may help you sort through a crisis or emergency response.
We will provide an overview presentation of future training for Team Administrators, Team Members and VOST Team Leaders.
Join Us to Learn more about how Virtual EMA can help you develop, train and prepare for utilizing a VOST team to assist your emergency management organization.
This is a free overview to everyone
VOST 020 is a class for emergency management agencies or team administrators who are crafting a policy or standard operations guide for their own teams.
In this session, we will walk through a number of topics to consider for the development of your Virtual Operation Support Teams.
This webinar will allow you to ask questions and chat about key concerns or issues you may have as a VOST Administrator.
These sessions are free to VOST members. Non-member pricing is $10.
VOST 100 is a course for new team members of Virtual Operations Support Teams. The goal of this training course will be to cover the basics of operating as a VOST Team member.
1) Preparing Yourself to Join a Team
2) What to Expect When Participating on a Team
3) Types of Missions
For a number of years, we've conducted an online exercise during the hours of the Super Bowl with the following objectives:
This class is geared to VOST Team Members and will cover the conceptual aspects of social media monitoring.
At the end of this class, you'll understand:
1) The difference between push & pull techniques
2) The basics of Boolean math
3) What types of information you'll be looking for as a VOST Team Member
This class is geared to VOST Team Members and will cover Twitter as a platform to be searched & monitored.
1) Twitter as a Platform for Searching for Crisis Informaiton
2) Twitter Advanced Search functions
3) Setting up Geo-Fenced Searches
4) Using Dashboards like Tweetdeck to Manage Twitter Streams
VOST Leadership Coalition Meetings are open to anyone who is involved in the development, management or leadership of a Virtual Operation Support Team (VOST).
These monthly meetings have the following agenda:
Monthly Board Meeting for Directors and Officers
International dial-in numbers:
Online Meeting Link:
This course is targeted to VOST Team Members who aspire to lead VOST teams. We will cover a number of aspects that are unique to the team leader role. These include:
1) Negotiating a Mission
2) Managing Objectives
3) Development & Review of Listening Reports
4) Critical Incident Stress Management
This class is geared to VOST Team Members and Team Leaders to cover the conceptual aspects of developing effecting listening reports.
1) The purpose of listening reports
2) Understanding the audience for listening reports
3) Discuss how to structure an effective listening report
4) Important things to consider as missions evolve over time
Join the call: https://www.uberconference.com/virtualema
Optional dial-in number: 719-247-6380
International numbers: https://www.uberconference.com/international
This class is geared to VOST Team Administrators and Team Leaders and will cover the conceptual aspects of creating a quality VOST Training exercises.
1) Types Overview of exercise techniques for Virtual Teams
2) Defining Exercise Goals
3) Creating an Effective Exercise
4) After-Action Reports & Debriefings
VOST 200 will be a technical course, focused on the use of the Google Workbook which is a back-door communication tool used to collect information on many VOST teams.
By the end of this webinar, you will know:
1) What type of information is collected in the workbook,
2) How to enter information into a workbook, and
3) How to highlight information for escalation and attention.
Events are always free for members. Join us today!
Virtual EMA is a registered public charity with 501(c)(3) status.